2015. március 4., szerda

Thoughts on Meteor and other stories

    I would like to introduce you this fascinating book called "Meteor and other stories".
The book was written by John Wyndham and published by The Oxford bookworms series. This series of books contain easier to read books for an english learner. The book itself is a science fiction and it contains 4 stories.

    The first story is about a meteor that hit Earth. This is in fact not a meteor but an alien spaceship. Humans notice a hissing sound given off by it but they don't really care about it. The alien specie which travelled by the ship is called the Fortans. They are ant sized creature and their ship is the biggest thing ever built by them. The plot is that the aliens get off their ship and writes down how they percieve our home planet.

    The second revolves around the martian rights on Earth. The story starts with Duncan Weaver and his marriage with a martian girl called Lellie. The differences are stated between the human and martian culture, biology, their legal rights.

    The third is about a spaceship stranded in an orbit around Mars. The story starts with an engine failure but the captain of the ship manages to put it into a safe orbit. There the author writes down the odds of survival.

    The fourth and the last discusses the meaning of the soul. The story takes place in a peaceful world. Terry, the main character, got a severe injury where the pain turned him into a different person. His bride couldn't cope with this situation. By the end of the story there is a twist which I wouldn't like to say.

    In my opinion this book makes you think. My favourite story was the first one, because I find it fascinating how a small animal or alien could see our planet. I would highly recommend this book to everybody who loves sci-fi or would like to read fascinating short stories.

Dani

3 megjegyzés:

  1. I am really interested in this story. It sounds gripping. I hope you can lend me this fascinating book! Betti

    VálaszTörlés
  2. I agree, it sounds really interesting!

    VálaszTörlés
  3. It sounds cute and I really like sci-fis,so maybe one day I'll read it.
    Panka

    VálaszTörlés